It was my mum who first introduced me to this recipe. She tried the recipe and it was a great success. When I tried it the first time it turned out to be really chewy and didn’t freeze like it should. It took quite some time to perfect it, but it was worth the hassle. So, here’s the tried and tested recipe of No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer creamy)
- 3-3 1/2 cups cooking oats
- Add the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and hold for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter into the hot mixture and stir until melted.
- Mix in the oats.
- drop by tablespoons onto wax paper.(I didn’t have wax paper so I improvised)
- Let cool until set.